Integrity is something we struggle to recognize in others, and find hard to ascertain. All companies want to hire honest people with strong moral principles. But sometimes they aren't exactly sure what information technology ways to have strong moral principles, or how they can find such people, how to assess the level of someone'due south integrity while interviewing them for a job.

Interview questions about integrity do not always make sense, at least in the majority of job interviews. Because it is sometimes difficult to interpret the answers of job applicants. What's more, the fact that someone tin define integrity does not guarantee that they have the quality. But you may get this question often, just considering asking strange questions is a fancy practice in today's recruitment.

Let'due south have a look at 7 sample answers to the question. Practise not forget to read likewise the notes below the answers, as they will help you to understand which answer to choose for your interview, or how to construct your ideal answer…

7 sample answers to "What does integrity mean to you?" interview question

  1. For me it ways to do the correct affair, e'er. Non the best thing for my well-existence or personal turn a profit, but the best affair for the entire community, environment, human club. That's how I arroyo all important decisions in my life. And though information technology isn't always easy to overcome my selfishness, I try to do what I tin can.
  2. More than than anything else, information technology means beingness honest. Surely nosotros all play our games and roles. We often say things other people desire to hear, instead of telling them things that would actually assistance them, things that we should say in a given moment. In my stance, it is a abiding battle to remain a human of integrity. Because many people practice non care about whatever moral principles and the well-being of others, and they can easily have a negative touch on you, and you lot may autumn to their moral level. But I will continue fighting my skillful fight, trying to accept integrity.
  3. It means a lot of things to me. Being able to admit when I am wrong, showing respect to people–regardless of their race, faith, position, praising my colleagues for their good piece of work, taking responsibility for my actions. I definitely have to improve on each of these traits, and that'south what I am trying to exercise.
  4. Integrity is something I'd similar to achieve in my team. If we really work equally a team, and are unified in our actions and goals, if people cooperate with each other instead of competing, we will accomplish amazing results. I have an experience with leading such a team in one of my last jobs, and it is something I'd like to accomplish working for you as well. It'due south non an piece of cake task, and as a leader I take to show integrity start, before expecting it from my people.
  1. I cannot really ascertain it, merely I think I tin talk almost an case that demonstrates information technology clearly. In my terminal job of a logistics manager I was offered sure benefits from one of our potential suppliers. It wasn't really a bribe, simply they promised certain advantages, discounts, things I could benefit a lot from in my personal life. But their offer for our company was the 2d best. The cost wasn't good, though it was within my upkeep to social club from them. What I did? I chose some other supplier, ane that did not offer me annihilation, just had the best offer for the company. I believe I demonstrated integrity in my beliefs.
  2. More than annihilation else, it is something I am looking for in my new employment. My final place of work was full of gossips and pointless internal conflicts between different departments and teams. Information technology led to poor performance, bu, more importantly, information technology caused a terrible atmosphere in the workplace. All moral principles brutal apart, and colleagues suddenly became competitors, doing strange things to each other. It is the main reason why I decided to quit my job, and why I apply for the job with you lot. I read reviews of your existing employees, and got an impression that integrity rules this place.
  3. To me it ways being myself, and sticking to my values and principles, regardless of circumstances or expectations of other people. It can ofttimes be difficult, and my comport or opinions may be misunderstood by the others. But I pass up to play some stupid games, or to bent like a leafage in a wind. I want to stick to my values, even though I may sometimes pay a price, missing an opportunity for promotion or for a heighten, because of my integrity. Just money has never been the most of import thing to me, and it never will.

Bear witness integrity with the mode you answer the question

Integrity has definitely something to do with honesty. And, speaking honestly, none of us is perfect. We have our temptations, and nosotros sometimes pause the rules. Because we are human beings, not Gods.

Check sample answers no. ane, no. 3, or no.four . In all these instances, the job applicants consider integrity every bit a goal they try to accomplish, every bit a battle they go on fighting. It is not something you gain once and take forever. Acknowledge your weaknesses and imperfections in your answer. That'south a sign that you lot have some integrity in you…

* Special Tip: This isn't the simply difficult question y'all will confront while interviewing for any decent job. You volition face questions most prioritization, dealing with pressure, dealing with ambiguity, and other situations that happen in every workplace. If you want to brand sure that yous stand out with your answers and outclass your competitors, accept a look at our Interview Success Bundle. Upwards to 10 premium answers to 31 catchy scenario based questions (+ more) will make your life much easier in the interviews. Thank you for checking it out!

You tin can take integrity, or yous can seek it

In my opinion, integrity is something that is missing in most teams and companies. And you lot likely have the same experience. Near people need drama in their lives, and if there is not i in the workplace, they will create it with their machinations, playing their niggling games.

There is nil wrong in seeking integrity in your new task. More ofttimes than not you will cease up disappointed, but it is a overnice aspiration in an interview.

When you opt for this answer (see sample answer no. half-dozen as an example) you lot should add that also you want to play your part of building a civilization of integrity and collaboration in the workplace. Considering integrity is something that you lot either aid to build or to destroy. You can't stand up somewhere in the heart, you can't exist a mere observer.

Ensure the interviewers that y'all seek integrity, and will do your best to promote it in the workplace, with all your words and actions.

Do not be afraid of being philosophical

If they enquire you lot a fancy question in an interview (sometimes not really knowing what they are doing), do non hesitate to give them a fancy respond.

Challenge them intellectually. Make them call up. Say something other people volition not say. You tin can doubt integrity, you tin fifty-fifty dismiss it, y'all tin call it an illusion or an unreachable platonic.

It is often difficult to stand out in an interview, specially when we apply for some entry level task and compete with dozens of other job seekers with like background. A philosophical or unorthodox respond can exist your way of continuing out. Say something they will think long after the end of the interviews. When they remember your answers, it means that they retrieve you…

Ready to respond this ane? Check too seven sample answers to other tricky interview questions:

  • Interview Success Package – Premium answers to all 104 interview questions. Learn something you're competitors won't know, and stand up out in your interview.
  • Tell me near a fourth dimension you disagreed with your boss.
  • What is your greatest professional person achievement?
  • Author
  • Recent Posts

Matthew Chulaw

Latest posts by Matthew Chulaw (see all)